VWBPE 2021: RECONNAISSANCEExhibitor Guidelines
We challenge exhibitors and sponsors to come up with their best skybox ideas as an exhibit space. Your exhibition parcel will be located off the ground in our observatory in the stars. Let your imagination run wild with how you would showcase your organization, service, or project, when gravity is no longer the law.
There will be no building at ground level this year. Exhibit spaces will begin at various heights from 500m to 1200m in the air. Each exhibitor will receive a special teleport HUD that will allow you to teleport to your exhibit space once assigned.
Please note that all exhibits are virtual displays that require the use of Second Life tools and virtual objects to be rendered. You are responsible for providing your own objects and adhering to the guidelines as outlined below.
- Primary exhibition booth areas are 24m x 24m x 24m
- Maximum prim allowance is 310 prims
- All exhibition booth areas are rated Mature – No adult content permitted
- Mesh objects are allowed so long as they fit within the object count
- No Terraforming allowed
- With the exception of the landing platform, and any surfaces required for walking on, please avoid physical objects where possible (Phantom is preferred)
- Builds cannot overhang into other parcels
- Please limit use of scripts
- Do not use old megaprims
- No listening or scanning scripts allowed
- No selling
- Tip jars are allowed; however, active solicitation for tips or donations is not allowed
- Audio should not bleed over from the Exhibition booth area to the general areas of the sim
Exhibitors will have access to their parcel spaces as of Friday FEBRUARY 12, 2021.
All builds must be completed and ready for inspection no later than 3:00pm PT Sunday March 7, 2021.
Any parcel not completed by this time will be removed from the exhibit space.
The regions are officially open to the public on Monday, March 15, 2021.
Every year we get additional questions as to what is permissible and what isn’t. The following may be subject to updating throughout the conference as questions come up. These additional guidelines will be updated for subsequent years.
- Once your primary exhibit area is assigned – you cannot change the location unless approved by the Exhibit Chair.
- You can have multiple spaces within your parcel so long as they do not exceed the prim limit.
- If you plan on having two 24 x 24 x 24 builds in the same parcel, they must be separated by at least 8m from the top of the lower one to the bottom of the next.
- Skyboxes have a height restriction this year:
- no individual skybox can exceed 24m
- no combined skybox arrangement can exceed 64m
- Connectors between skybox arrangements cannot exceed 10m x 10m x 16m
- No building will be permitted below 500m or above 1300m
- VWBPE is a professional conference. We expect all exhibitors and builders to be mindful of their conduct while on the property