VWBPE 2023: Uncommon RealitiesMarch 23-25, 2023
Thinkerer Award Nomination
Help recognize the best and brightest of our community
by nominating those people who have given so much
and asked for so little in return.
In 2014, the first annual Thinkerer Award was presented to Selby Evans (Thinkerer Melville) for whom it is named. Since then, the committee conducts the selection process based on public input. If you know someone who deserves to be recognized by this life-time award, please complete the 2023 nomination form below.
The Thinkerer Award is an educational leadership award presented annually to an individual whose deeds and actions have shown consistent selfless service towards the promotion of learning, community, and educational practices, and who exemplifies the spirit of cooperative development within immersive environments.
This award is presented to an individual whose deeds and actions have shown consistent selfless service towards the promotion of learning, community, and educational practices, and who exemplifies the spirit of cooperative development within immersive environments.
Only individuals may be nominated. You may nominate as many individuals as you like. Fill out the form once for each person. Nominees need not be Second Life or OpenSimulator account holders.
Final selection of the award recipient will be conducted by the VWBPE Organizational Committee by Sunday, February 12, 2023 and will be announced publicly during the conference closing ceremonies on Saturday, March 25, 2023.
Nominations will be open Thursday, December 1, 2022 until Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
- The award is for lifetime achievement in community development and leadership rather than for a single contribution.
- Nominees should have a minimum of 10 years of distinguished service to education and/or a specific community of practice. Nominees need not currently hold a professional position and may be retired.
- Nominee will have made significant contributions to one or more of VWBPE’s primary goals of
- helping build community through extension of learning best practices to practical application of those ideas and techniques;
- providing networking opportunities for educators and the communities that help support education; and/or
- providing access to current innovations, trends, ideas, case studies, and other best practices for educators and the communities that help support education.
- An active commitment to educational excellence;
- An active commitment to the service of others;
- An active commitment to advising or mentoring of others in the same community; and
- An active commitment to the ongoing promotion and development of best practices in their community of practice.
Individuals are ineligible for nomination if they fit any of the criteria below:
- The individual has not been engaged with their community of practice for more than 2 years;
- The individual has been a past award recipient; and
- The individual is only identifiable as their avatar personae (i.e. we must be able to identify the person by their current legal name and contact information).
Submissions must be received no later than Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
Thinkerer Award Honorees
VWBPE 2023 Thinkerer Award Nomination
This form will be accepting nominations December 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023.